Stainless Jigmaster Parts Question

Started by Bucktail, October 26, 2013, 11:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkD

Quote from: Irish Jigger on February 13, 2014, 09:56:04 AM
The dog is not pressed on will lift off when you apply solvent to remove the grease that's holding it to the bridge.

Yup it came right off, thanks. The bridge on my 500s had a different set up, it had a clip holding the dog on.

DaBigOno

Quote from: Bucktail on October 28, 2013, 04:37:31 AM

OK, maybe I didn't word my question correctly.  I get that stainless is more corrosion resistant and stronger.  What I want to know is,  do the SS parts require an aftermarket, one-piece, frame to contain them or will the standard frame work?  Or, put another way, will the multi-piece frame be able to withstand the increased power provided by the SS guts?

Bob,

Wondering how your reel came out?  What did you end up doing with it??    Got pics???     :)
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Bucktail

I wound up leaving them with stock parts.  I didn't see a need to upgrade to the stainless parts at this time.  These are not my primary reels and will mostly only get used for striped bass and bluefish on party boats that don't allow braid. 

I've cleaned and lubed them, added new drag washers and replaced a couple of small parts.   I think they'll be fine for now.
Just a jig-a-lo

DaBigOno

I have a few Jigmasters I have completely stock.  I usually use them as loaners for friends and family that don't have gear.  It's perfect for that role.

What do you use as your primary reel?

Keta

I would still put in a SS gearsleeve, the end of the factory brass ones always round out on my reels.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bucktail

Quote from: Dabigono on March 05, 2014, 04:22:14 AM
I have a few Jigmasters I have completely stock.  I usually use them as loaners for friends and family that don't have gear.  It's perfect for that role.

What do you use as your primary reel?

For inshore stuff (stripers etc.) my preferred reels are my Shimano Curado 300 DSV baitcaster and my Shimano Sustain 5000 FE spinner.

Quote from: Keta on March 05, 2014, 04:34:44 AM
I would still put in a SS gearsleeve, the end of the factory brass ones always round out on my reels.

Good advice.  Guess I figure I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it.
Just a jig-a-lo

DaBigOno

Great choice using a Shimano's Curado 300.   I love using it to sling plastics at calico in the weeds.

Ron Jones

Quote from: Dabigono on March 05, 2014, 02:33:32 PM
Great choice using a Shimano's Curado 300.   I love using it to sling plastics at calico in the weeds.
Now that's not fair. You need to come back here where you can catch fish and I need to go over there where I can play with calico bass. ;D
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"