Problem with two speed mechanism - Avet HXW Raptor

Started by xtoad, October 27, 2013, 01:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtoad

Hi all,

got a new HXW Raptor and took it down to familiarise myself with it and give it a lube.
this one was actually well greased by the factory and I did very little to it.
My issue came down to the last two screws - those attaching the housing covering the two speed switch.
When I tighten both down, the housing is being forced onto the switch and preventing it from moving freely.
I need to back either screw off a turn for it to free up.
The housing and handle do not seem to mate perfectly and when I back the screw off it leaves a small gap between the two.
see below...

The only anomaly I can see with the parts involved is that the pin that the switch rides on is swollen at one end and is not reversible. That could be intentional.

This is how it looks before the housing goes on.

Any thoughts on what I have done wrong or is this normal and should I just loctite them so they don't go anywhere?

Stu

bluefish69

I would carry spare springs for that switch on the handle. Things could get lost quickly on a boat.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Wish I could help you Toad. I am getting not to be an Avet fan. I see more and more problems with these reels. If it were a senator, You would have 10 hits by now. Sorry Buddy. :-\
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

I think your pin is up side down. The curved side should be up.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D