Main Menu

Started by Tacodawg, October 27, 2013, 10:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacodawg

I just got started in some off shore fishing.   Have a small place in Baja on the Sea Of Cortez side.   My friends twisted my arm and my father in law gave me all his old rods and reels. Several older Penns.  I am going to go through them one at a time.  They haven't been used in about 10 years.  Just need to learn how to use them, I inherited a couple 500's,a sqidder, a model 26, 2 310 GTIs, a 114 senator.   I think the rods match theses reels.  Sounds like a lot of great info on this forum about these reels
Look forward to trying these out in the Sea of Cortez. 
Tim

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

harryk3616

welcome   tim    your home here, all the guys will jump at the chance to answer any questions you have about the reels, plus repairing them, welcome   harryk    long island   n.y.

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Bill B

Welcome from the Sacramento Delta....this is the BEST place for reel maintenance and a great family atmosphere...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

floating doc

Welcome aboard!  ;D

Just be careful; it's addictive!
Central Florida

Cone

Welcome! I hope you aren't here to save money. This place has cost me plenty!  ;) ;D ;D
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Bryan Young

Welcome Tim.  Sounds like you inherented a wide range of fishing reels. Come and learn, and we are here to help if needed.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broschro

Hello from Florida 904

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to the "neighborhood"...

Shark Hunter

Welcome TacoDawg!
Enjoy your stay. ;)
You are in the right place.
Life is Good!

Tacodawg

Thanks for the welcome.   I am going to start tearing apart the 500 first.   Keep it simple just grease and a new carbonex shim.  See how that goes then tear the other 500 apart and beef it up a little with the stainless shaft.  Just waiting for parts to arrive.   

Dominick

Welcome from San Mateo, CA.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.