International 30 service

Started by broschro, October 29, 2013, 03:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broschro

I have four Penn international 30 reels that need to be serviced :o  what's the going rate for service on these reels ???  this is going to be fun :-\

Bryan Young

It depends on where and who is doing the service.  From what I've seen, prices range from $20 to $120 plus parts.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broschro

Hey Bryan I'm doing them for a friend.they don't look to bad one needs a new clicker assembly.how much should I charge just to clean and grease and such.

Alto Mare

Quote from: broschro on October 29, 2013, 11:43:52 PM
Hey Bryan I'm doing them for a friend.they don't look to bad one needs a new clicker assembly.how much should I charge just to clean and grease and such.
A very good friend, no charge
A good friend, let him pay for parts
Just a friend $30 for both...if not in bad shape.
..............Just my 2 cents ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

broschro

Just an acquaintance was thinking thirty per reel plus parts  if they r not heavily corroded.

broschro

Thanks guys I need a few of these.

Bryan Young

An acquaintance?  $30 but he should include a 12 pack of beer.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broschro

Here are a few picks of the 30t note all the old grease build up, he said they have never been serviced before.so far no salt intrusion in the reel, just a bit on the screws. I would like to have a set of these some day .

and one of the clean parts RTG.

and my work beanch right now.

the others

broschro

I'm not sure what the drags are made of ??? kind of looks like it's woven, but it is hard as a rock and slick as a baby's but :-\

Bunnlevel Sharker

Those are my favorite internationals 2nd gen. Probably early ht-100
Grayson Lanier

broschro

okay I have it all put back together,but the clicker sounds like a sick dog. I noticed that the clicker ring was a little warn does this have anything to do with it ???

triumphrick

I find that International clicker noise has always been all over the map..

I have put in new clicker plates, new springs in the clicker assy and still had light clicker noise.

Most of the ones I service, I stretch or shim the spring to get more tension on it to increase the noise. I am sure that accelerates the wear on the clicker plate, however.

broschro

Thanks for the reply, I have only one left out of four and they all sound the same. Just ordered a new clicker assembly for one that was missing, wow 32.00  :o

Shark Hunter

That's why I love the Senators. The clickers are very loud! With an aluminum spool, its even louder.
Life is Good!