Daiwa Sealine 27

Started by basenjib123, October 30, 2013, 06:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basenjib123

Just about to open up my old Daiwa Sealine 27 for maintenance.  Never done one before,  just wondering if there is anything to "Watch Out" for or are they straight forward?  Thanks.

Jimmer

Take a look at the sealine 50 tutorial under daiwa on the home page, should be similar. Measure up the drag washers and find some that match or look here for parts and kits :                                                                                                                                                             http://stores.tunasreeltroubles.com/-strse-DAIWA-SEALINE-cln-SEALINE-27H-%26-27SH/Categories.bok         Good Luck!
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

bluefish69

I re built 2 - 27H this Summer. I bought my Drags from Smooth Drag Carbonex

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

basenjib123

Thank guys,  Mike...What would you rate the difficulty level for working on the reel say on scale 1-10?  I have a feeling its not as easy as say an ABU 5000 or something?

Bryan Young

it's one scale harder than the Abus
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

El Pescador

The e-clips!!!!!  Remove them slowly, and keep your hand cupped over the clip while removing it, those little suckers flip off and move faster than you can watch it hit the dark corners of the garage!!!!

First reel I worked on after entering the AlanTani.com site was this exact reel, Daiwa Sealine 27H - purchased it off CL for $15!

Take your time, and once done you will have a fantastic 20 lbs. test reel.

Also, you can use Penn 6-155 HT-100 washers :  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=3594.0  Either HT-100 or carbontex washers, get rid of those old sticky leather ones.

Please post your results when done!!!!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

basenjib123

Outstanding information here guys!  How would rate the 27 as a reel .. say up against a Abu 6500 for instance?  Thanks!

bluefish69

Quote from: basenjib123 on October 30, 2013, 04:57:35 PM
Thank guys,  Mike...What would you rate the difficulty level for working on the reel say on scale 1-10?  I have a feeling its not as easy as say an ABU 5000 or something?

I really can't compare because I never have work on Abu yet. I do have 2 of them. One tip I can tell you -- Don't try to remove the Dog off the Bridge Plate. Guess Why

basenjib123

umm, you will never get it back on?

Bryan Young

Quote from: basenjib123 on October 30, 2013, 06:54:58 PM
Outstanding information here guys!  How would rate the 27 as a reel .. say up against a Abu 6500 for instance?  Thanks!
Completely different reel in my book.  I use my abu to toss light jigs while the the 27 is best suited for light water trolling, bottom fishings and the like.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bluefish69

Quote from: basenjib123 on October 30, 2013, 08:42:54 PM
umm, you will never get it back on?

You will be buying a New Bridge Plate with Dog

AllenW

Probably to late, but if you have a digital camera take several pictures of each step as you disassemble.

It's saved me several times, especially if there is a time gap.

Al