Penn 130 VSX

Started by Shark Hunter, October 31, 2013, 12:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Does anyone here have a 130 VSX?
I just sold my boat and want something really nice.
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Everol 12/0 or 14/0. Davin has a 12 that he loves. I had a friend who took cash to buy one, and the guy at BPS sneered at him when he asked to look at it and he walked out
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

Well, Here it is!
Probably the Baddest Sharkin' reel on the Planet.
Brand spankin' New.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231080470748?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

If I had the money, I would get this baby:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Everol-18-0-Two-Speed-Reel-/231080476499?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35cd783f53
I've seen those go for over $2000, I believe it's priced right.
And they say money isn't everything ::)  ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I really wish you wouldn't have showed me this Sal!
You are a Bad Influence! ;)
Everol Claims this is the Biggest reel in the World!
The 14/0 is 160 oz. That's 16/0 weight. That 18 is just massive!
I am seriously considering the 14. I think this is more than enough reel at 10lbs!
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

The 14 is plenty for sure. 55-60 at lock down, the lever goes past the drag scale a little bit. Im sitting about 30min drive away from one of the only 18/0s I know of, a friend is holding onto it for someone. Seriously though, 14/0 ;)
Grayson Lanier

saltydog

We used to have two 18/0 Everols that we had on bent butt rods loaded with 200# mono we used for Tiger sharks out of the Keys and let me tell you they are beasts but for beach fishing unless you have a truck mounted chair they are pretty unmanageable for standup fishing. I would go with the 14/0.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Shark Hunter

I really Hate to see those words of Wisdom from you this time William. I am sure you are right about the 18/0. I had myself talked into it. Who else can say they own the Largest Reel in the World! It holds 1500 yards of straight 200 lb Mono!
Plus, they are pretty rare from what I have seen. I am going to bid on one of these.
Its only money!
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

The 18/0 would be a better investment. ;)
Here is some more info:
http://www.tackledirect.com/everol-18-0-two-speed-series-reel.html
Read below for some additional information on the law of physics.
Some like to tighten the drag and keep cranking, you need to drive that Mack truck same as you would drive your manual car Wink
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I got the 14/0 Sal. I would have liked to have bought them both. I plan on fishing it. You know me. If I can't Drive it, I don't want it.
I think the 18/0 would have been a good investment. I doubt I'll see that deal again on a brand new one.
I have read up on the Everol 2 speed line for several months. I still think I have a Maserati that I can Drive! ;)
I am the only one that bid on it. There were three bids on the 18. I knew it ended at 3pm. I put my bid in at noon and walked away until 3:15. I can't wait to Show Albert! ;D
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

My masserati does 185......
I lost my license now I don't drive.......
Masserati is my dream car
Grayson Lanier

Alto Mare

Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 31, 2013, 08:05:27 PM
I got the 14/0 Sal. I would have liked to have bought them both. I plan on fishing it. You know me. If I can't Drive it, I don't want it.
I think the 18/0 would have been a good investment. I doubt I'll see that deal again on a brand new one.
I have read up on the Everol 2 speed line for several months. I still think I have a Maserati that I can Drive! ;)
I am the only one that bid on it. There were three bids on the 18. I knew it ended at 3pm. I put my bid in at noon and walked away until 3:15. I can't wait to Show Albert! ;D
You did good buddy, that's a hell of a fishing reel.
If I ever run into you, I just want to hold that bad boy. Are you fishing it or keeping it in the box?
Way to go bud. ;)

Bunnlevel Sharker

He needs to fish it with 600yds of 200jb to 250lb mono topshot
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

I need to catch at least a 10 footer on your 14/0 first Sal. I'll settle on a 9' Bull. I want to see what a 14/0 tricked out like yours can do, before I spool up the Everol. ;)
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Honestly it shouldn't be much of a problem. With Sals all jacked up just run heavy drag from the start winch em in
Grayson Lanier