Avet sx

Started by Dwbuzzard, October 31, 2013, 11:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwbuzzard

This is a new reel to me avet S x 53 mc. Never been inside a lever drag/ magnetic control reel. Is there a tutorial or is there anything I should know before I open it up? Thanks in advance. Dave

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

here you go;

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=238.0

only difference is your sx has an MC and the CF washer is glued, other than that everything else is the same. i have the reg sx and the MXJ MC the only different thing i did to my MXJ is i applied a small amount of corrosion x and marine grade grease on the mc knob for salt protection and smooth operation.

Dwbuzzard

Thanks for that, sorry I put this post in the wrong forum

Keta

The gremlins moved it for you.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bunnlevel Sharker

Grease the reel seat and screws up good!
Grayson Lanier

Keta

Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on November 01, 2013, 01:48:58 AM
Grease the reel seat and screws up good!

This is a critical thing to do on any reel, it will save you a lot of grief in the future.  I'd also recommend greasing the drag washer.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dwbuzzard

Thanks for the move Mr gremlin. Yes, I always grease 'em up.

Bunnlevel Sharker

Yep, my lx was full of rust. I ended up with really fine sandpaper under the drag washer on the metal, soaking a rag in pb blaster to get rust out of spots. Grease/corrosionx everything
Grayson Lanier

Bryan Young

especially put a light coat of grease on the magnets.  The do rust.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D