Oldie but still a good one

Started by Bunnlevel Sharker, November 01, 2013, 04:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnlevel Sharker

Well the week of the 4 th it was slow with sharks, lost some monster rays and landed one decent one.

The week after starting on Monday, the action got better. Monday about 2:30 i landed my secomd and bigger ray, which is now chillin in the freezer. Monday night my friend Carson landed a 5'2" blacktip. It was yummy the next day :lol:  i did not get a pic. Tuesday started off great for me, several 3-4 ft lemons and black tips on the ray rod, then I tossed out a pomp head my friend gave me that morning. Little while later, it started slowly running off. Set the hook and got him in. 5.5 ft lemon, woulda been longer but missing part of the tail! :shock:

After the release I tossed out my second pomp head, told a guy if my rod went off it was his, and strolled to the pier house. When I got back I hear a guy yell GRAYSON CODY GOT YOUR FISH :lol:  I see him bowed up with another lemon that was roughly the same size but skinnier. We did a pier side release so no pics. Caught a couple more little ones on whiting chunks, then later that day I got ahold of a lady fish and threw a fist sized chunk out. Told Carson to watch my rod and went back to the pier house. Once again on my way back I see everyone grouped up on the left side of the king T/octagon. I run up and he's got a 6ft or so spinner pulled up. He looked at me and said its time to get in the water lets beach him. If you have never beached a fish on a pier like ocean crest, it's an experience to say the least. We got her down to the surf, I jumped in and grabbed her. Pulled her up, hook out, and release. I did not get any pics because of the crowd and trying to do a good release cause a cop was observing. That was about all the action for the trip, went on the boat Thursday and caught some sheepshead and a short flounder.
Grayson Lanier

Alto Mare

Nice shots Grayson ;). You know, you sound like an old man on the site, but you're just a kid....that's a compliment. ;)
Thanks for sharing.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Nice Post!
I know there are a ton of rays out there... which would that be? What was the weight of the one in the freezer?
You must have a packed freezer with fish of that size.
I bet those people who are looking at that ray thought twice about going back in ;)
Tight lines,
Dom

Bunnlevel Sharker

Thanks Sal, and Broadway the big one I kept was a rough tail, bout 100lbs or so. I was holding him on the pier. Other one was a southern ray, around 65lbs and released. I have a chest freezer just for bait, I had about 200lbs of bait till I gave about half of it away to a good friend for a Florida trip. Had that ray 4 15 lb cow noses plenty of smaller stuff a couple tins of shrimp and a big bag of fish heads.
Grayson Lanier