Hello from Pittsburgh

Started by jimmymac, November 03, 2013, 09:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmymac

I've lurked on this site for long enough I suppose.  I'm basically new to the world reel maintenance.  I primarily fish for catfish and within the last couple years I've slowly converted my arsenal from spinning to casting gear.  I'm fishing with Abu6500's and I also have a couple Record 60's, so I figured I better get busy keeping these reels in good working order.  There is great information here!  I'm very impressed with the Abu tutorials that are posted.  The Record 60 tutorial by Alan and the Abu6500 tutorial by BigT helped me make it through my first reel maintenance with no problem at all.  Thank you gentlemen!

I seriously doubt I will be able to add to the knowledge base here as far as reel maintenance goes.  I may be able to pop in here and there on other topics or slap a guy on the back when he posts up some good fishing pictures but that's about it.  Cheers!
On The Banks of The Deep End

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Welcome Jimmymac!
A pat on the back is always welcome. ;)
Life is Good!

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

alantani

photos are always welcomed.  glad to have you here!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to the "neighborhood"...

Cone

Welcome! Don't sell yourself short. Everyone here has something they can contribute! We do love pics.
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

jimmymac

Thanks for the welcome gentlemen!
On The Banks of The Deep End

Bill B

Welcome from the Sacramento Delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!