ROD BELTS?

Started by LTM, November 06, 2013, 03:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

If the Brute Buster fits you I'd go with that.  For smaller stuff a belt is not needed as much.  It looks like you can use the plate with a upgraded belt too.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Aiala

Braid also makes one called the Pro Manta, sort of midway between the Sailfish and the Brute: http://www.colgardsports.com/product/braid-pro-manta-belt-133654-1.htm?variations=538528

Might be a good compromise for me, size & price-wise.  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Keta

Find a retail outlet where you can try them out to see how they fit.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

The Sailfish belt is rated for 20 to 40lb tackle. The Manta at 30 to 50 and the Brute Buster is 50 to 100lb.
The pro Manta ups it from 30 to 60lb. I like to use the bigger belt so I can rest it on my legs without it digging in. Braid makes some top notch gear, but there are cheaper alternatives.
Life is Good!

Aiala

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 29, 2014, 05:04:14 PM
I like to use the bigger belt so I can rest it on my legs without it digging in.

Me too, but I'm not fishing for the kind of monsters you are.  :o

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

floating doc

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 29, 2014, 05:20:53 PM
This is an affordable medium weight belt, that I think will fit your needs.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tsunami-Saltwater-Offshore-Fishing-Gimbal-Belt-TS-M-2-/390827565839

I'll be trying out one of these if I get a hook up next month. I think the quality looks good; we'll see how it performs. I also bought an aftco harness.
Central Florida

LTM

Quote from: Aiala on April 29, 2014, 03:39:21 PM
I need to purchase a rod belt for my upcoming 4-day this summer, and I'm thinking Braid's Sailfish Belt (around $50) might be a good fit. On the other hand, if/when I start going on longer trips targeting bigger fish, I might need something more robust, like Braid's $100 Brute Buster, and I'd rather not spend the bucks on two belts... a quandary. What would y'all suggest? Light, medium or heavy?   :)

~A~
TWO BELTS, one medium for up to 50# and one heavy for trolling/heavy tackle.

Leo