Alan Tani, thanks a million!!!

Started by one_leg, April 12, 2010, 01:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

one_leg

Alan, your site has given me the confidence to do 90% of the maintenance on my reels.

Thank you for helping me save a whole lot of time and money by repairing and maintaining my equipment on my own. I have already made some of the changes to my TN 30 that you recommended and it is working way better than before. My Penn's are working much better too now. Next in line, the 114 H.

One thing I am reluctant to do is disassemble the MagForce V spool on my Diawa Team Diawa-S 103 HL. I have read some information regarding this reel on another site and I will probably perform some of the recommended supertuning modifications in the near future.

Alan R. in Southern California

alantani

glad this is helping you out!  i'm going to have to do a write up on the daiwa low profile baitcasters.  they are very tedious to work on.  there is one very heavy return spring that is tough to get back into position.  i need to make a special tool to reinstall it, otherwise that spring will go flying.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

Quote from: alantani on April 12, 2010, 02:09:59 AM
glad this is helping you out!  i'm going to have to do a write up on the daiwa low profile baitcasters.  they are very tedious to work on.  there is one very heavy return spring that is tough to get back into position.  i need to make a special tool to reinstall it, otherwise that spring will go flying.  alan
g/day all,little tip that may help,dont know where i read it now,take the springs out in clear plastic bag.its helped me stop swearing! cheers