Rock Fish Shore video

Started by mrbrklyn, November 16, 2013, 12:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryk3616

Ron Jones

One hot bite!!

Funny how the rubber worm is always one of the best games in town.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

whalebreath

I'm surprised you have the clip attached directly to the lure doesn't that dampen the action?

Of course with all that turbulence maybe that doesn't matter.

Bucktail

Hey!  Aren't you from Brooklyn?  You're not supposed to call them rockfish!  They're stripers up here in the Northeast.  They're only rockfish down in Maryland and the Chesapeake Bay area. ;D

BTW, the person in the video is John Skinner, who is a fairly well known author and lecturer from Long Island, NY.  He has quite a few good videos out on YouTube.  Very informative.
Just a jig-a-lo

Alto Mare

We also call them stripers in Southeastern PA., just don't google strippers if you're looking for stripers ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

philaroman

they're easy to tell apart: can't catch stripers w/ dollar bills; can't catch strippers w/ a soft worm

SacFly

Quote from: whalebreath on November 16, 2013, 08:33:51 PM
I'm surprised you have the clip attached directly to the lure doesn't that dampen the action?

Of course with all that turbulence maybe that doesn't matter.

I spend a lot of time fishing the beaches of Long Island for stripers.  I would guess that 75%+ of surf guys use clips like this when fishing lures.  It's mostly for convenience changing lures, but since most guys fish braid + 3ft leader it also means you don't have to deal with new leaders in the middle of a tide.

In most cases I don't think it changes the action of the lure at all.