Brooklyn Blackfishing

Started by mrbrklyn, November 22, 2013, 10:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbrklyn

Been busy this fall blackfishing in the colder waters of fall along NYC and NJ.  I've been pulling down some decent catches and often limiting out.  Tackle is everything with these fish, as they dive into the rocks and snap lines.  On the Ocean Eagle I went through three shock leaders on my 50 lb braid.  On the  MArilyn Jean IV we doubled up on the leader and later increased it to a 40 lb test.  It's challenging and takes patience. But there is a reward in the end.

BMITCH

Ruben, nice photos and black fish! Black fishing is an "art" form. You gotta anticipate the hit. Thanks for posting.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

Everything I look for in a good eating fish is present in that fish. Got to try that some day.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

BMITCH

Ron, hands down my favorite!
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

harryk3616

beautiful white meat, all the wreck fish are great, what do they eat, shrimp, lobsters, crabs, mussels ,squid, can't go wrong, just watch for the bones around the rib cage (belly).