ID this 114H

Started by erikpowell, November 29, 2013, 12:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erikpowell

Hi gang,

Scott's does not list a black side plate w/posts 114H.... only 114

However, I'm holding one right now, is this unusual?  It has the old 3 stack thick washers, accessible drags with a big bell shaped washer and a steel main gear.... I have an HT100 5 set to install.

can anyone date this reel for me please?
and I'm wondering if I should make the guy an offer...since I don't own a 114H...

I would have liked to have the really nice US half frame 114H I finished for another guy yesterday!
Some reels are hard to give back when you're done eh?  ;D ;D

Thanks & Cheers!

Ron Jones

No idea on the date, but I know they made quite a few of them. I think the first Hs were still black. I always thought they would look great on a HLW with the black aluminum frame.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Tightlines667

This looks to be a pre1970 model.  If it has the original handle on it (doubtful?), color  might give sum clue.  Red is 1950s, Green is 1960s, white would be early 1970s.  Some of the molded plastic side plates have a circular, clock-like stamp on them w/ an arrow pointing to the year of manufacture, could check the plates for one?  Some avid collectors may be able to help you narrow it further?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

It looks in good shape Erik. I'm guessing late 70's, early 80's. Other than the crack in the left ring, I would give 60 bucks for it all day! Looks like a great candidate for Bryan's 10 stack washers or a Black Pearl gear upgrade! Or Both! ;)
Life is Good!

erikpowell

Well guys, we can't surmise anything from the handle...

You want to see why?   :D :D

Now that's an island fix for you!  ;D

Here's the inside of the plate... there is no stamp that I can see...and the inside edges are SHARP man, ask my thumb !

So this a molded plastic one right?

and yep SH, two of the rings are cracked like that, not all the way thru yet, just spiderwebbed, and the posts and spool are pretty beat.
I'll donate the guy some nicer posts I have from the parts bin... I won't be needing them  ;) ;)

and here is a shot of the one I wanted for myself yesterday:

this reel, obviously newer (gear & drags were fused together), was better than new when I got finished with it... I liked it a lot..it was hard to say goodbye  ;D

This black one though already has a steel gear, the guy is attached to it and probably doesn't want to let it go..
He also brought in a gnarly 30SW that i flat out said "forget it" it's that far gone...maybe a kayak anchor..
sometimes you gotta draw the line yeah?

Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll....  it's already Black Friday nite in Fiji.. hahahahhaa.... thank god my girl doesn't know what that means  ;D ;D

Shark Hunter

I thought he was willing to sell it. I guess I don't realize how good I got in the US. These are a dime by the dozen here.
Yikes! That handle is toast! It doesn't look original anyway. I'd still give $60 for it.
Life is Good!

bluefish69

What does a decent 114H go for on Ebay? I chased one last week & missed. The winning bid was $117 my bid was a lot higher glad I missed by a second.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

I have a ton of them Mike. You just have to be patient. You can pick up a nice one for a little less than $100 shipped. I gave around $75 + shipping for most of mine.
I'll give you the same deal if you are jonesing for one.

It has an Aluminum spool. Its in pretty good shape, but It still needs gone through.
Here is a better pic. As you can see, Its as close to new as you are gonna get without the new price tag!
If you want it, its yours, if not, I'll be glad to keep it Buddy! Dominick wants the 12.
Life is Good!

George4741

Mike, sometimes you can find a Tib or Accurate framed 114h on ebay for less than the cost of a new frame.  I paid $100 for a nice 114h with an Accurate frame.  Be patient and shop around.
George
viurem lliures o morirem

bluefish69

I'm going slow. I'm looking for a black one with the Marlin jumping. I'm just bored because I am waiting for something since 11/6 that I paid $275 for.

Shark Hunter

11/6 for $275? What are you saying Mike?
Life is Good!

bluefish69

I make Tube Tails for Jigs & sell them on Ebay & in person at some places. I have not seen a Blue Fish bend one of these Limerick hooks yet. I also use a 175# Bead Chain.

Shark Hunter

Ok, I understand the Tube tail part, but the rest is Jibberish to me. Lay off the Sauce Buddy! :D
I guess I can put the 114 away, Just thought I would let you have a stab at it.
I got me a Gold Tib Framed 114H for 105 bucks once. These are hard to get at this price.
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

I am of the impression that he paid 275 dollars for an item on the 6th of November and still has not received it, but I could be wrong.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

I'm just messing around Ron. ;)
Mike has a good sense of Humor when you get him rolling. ;D
Take no offense Bluefish. We are all friends here Buddy! :D
Life is Good!