My jigging reel

Started by BMITCH, November 30, 2013, 04:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

This is all good stuff! Now when I get on a head boat if I see someone with these kinda screws I'll know they are part of the A.T. Team ;D
luck is the residue of design.

floating doc

Quote from: BMITCH on December 04, 2013, 10:33:57 AM
This is all good stuff! Now when I get on a head boat if I see someone with these kinda screws I'll know they are part of the A.T. Team ;D

I was thinking about doing this, especially since I need to buy some screws to finish this project.

Now you leave me no choice!
Central Florida

floating doc

What other reels do these fit? There's a lot of interchangeable parts in the jigmaster series and the 112H. Perhaps squidders and other small Penns?

I have two fastener stores within two miles of my house. I'll be going out later.
Central Florida

BMITCH

I'm pretty sure the 113H uses the 5-40 screw. I'm not 100% positive on the smaller 140's and 200's. Maybe someone could chime in on this who does know? :-\
luck is the residue of design.

erikpowell

Thanks Sal !
3 bucks for a box of 50 is great! If I could even find those screws here, they'd be 3 bucks EACH..... at least!

floating doc

Bought my screws, beveled the heads on a sharpening stone using a dremel, then polished the heads.

The side plate has a bit of JB Weld that needs to set up overnight. Tomorrow I can start assembly.
Central Florida

Clipper

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 03, 2013, 08:18:41 PM
OK Bob, I got me some ss hex screws from McMaster Carr and decided to give it a shot

Not as shiny as yours, but I still like it.
Thanks for the tip guys.

Where did you get that awesome red handle?
Another day in Paradise!