Accurate BX Service Interval?

Started by errock_22, December 01, 2013, 02:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

errock_22

Hi guys,

Been dabbling with minor service on my Accurates. One of the things that drives me nuts is the AR bearings. Seems like once a year I have a bearing seize up. I've had them for a number of years (all of my reels have SN#'s in the low hundreds), I try to squirt Corrosion X into the AR bearing when I open them up but I haven't dug into the reels too deep because I send them to Accurate probably every 18 months or so. I feel like if I started doing the heavy duty maintenence myself, I could slow down or maybe stop the AR bearing issues.

I'm really good about rinsing the reels after a trip, so not sure what else I could do besides starting with all new AR's and a bullet proof service regimen.

Any words of wisdom? I love the reels but even good preventative maintenence (light freshwater rinse, wipe down with corrosion x, drop of reel x where applicable) I'm not sure what else I could do.

I'd rather not perform a full teardown every few trips, I'm hoping to get thru a season with a full maintenence and a minor every 6 months or so.

Am I asking too much? Keep in mind this is coming from a reel maintenance newbie.  :)

alantani

i haven't found a good formula yet.  accurates are just high maintenance.....   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!