Fort Morgan, AL 11/30/13

Started by ChileRelleno, December 01, 2013, 05:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Took the first ferry to Fort Morgan... Yada, yada, yada.

Today was a beautiful day, started out cold but warmed up nicely, breezy morning died to calm.
Water was flat and without much tidal current, went from looking pretty good on the Low to dingy on the Incoming.

Today the fishing SUCKED!
Not one dagblasted nibble from 0900 till about 1300, six people, 16 rods spread down 75 yards of beach.
Nobody else on the Point was catching anything too. Checked baits, not even crabs or little fish nibbling on them.
Fresh mullet, shrimp and squid, nothing was tempting tummies.
We got very excited when a rig got a solid hit about 1330, then nothing, bait was stolen.
Finally we got a solid hit on a double drop baited with squid, a nice 36.5" 24#7oz Bull Red.*
Then a small Southern Ray.
Then nothing... We packed it in at 1530.

* Bill had never been surf fishing before, and was pleased enough to just be kicking it on the beach.
I picked up the rod, gave it a couple of cranks and handed it off to him.
He wasn't expecting what he got a hold of, and was very pleased 10 minutes later.
His smile was infectious and I'm glad I didn't hog this fish.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

floating doc

Nice red! One good fish can save a slow day.
Central Florida

ChileRelleno

Believe it or not, this motley crew is a church group.

Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

must be the global warming!  :D it's been very slow in my neck of the woods too. but fishing with a crew like yours and just kicking back i envy you. i love surf fishing or shore fishing. sit down have a few while waiting for a bite and in my case watch the "sideshow". thanks for sharing!

Shark Hunter

Looking Good John!
Maybe a little kumbaya would have got them biting! ;)
Nothing wrong with a church group going fishing. Sounds like Fun!
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 01, 2013, 09:26:38 PM

Maybe a little kumbaya would have got them biting! ;)

Only if they're unwashed, patchouli smelling, granola crunching, hippy fish.
It would certainly have had me headed further down the beach  ;)
Ragnar Benson: