$20.99 at the Pawn shop

Started by floating doc, December 02, 2013, 03:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

floating doc

This usually doesn't happen, but sometimes I score. This 115 is obviously well used, but felt very smooth when I cranked it. I pulled the right side plate; it's very well greased. Looks to me like it was well cared for. I'll pull it apart after I get some of the other projects back together and see what drag washers are in it. I expect to find HT100's; the drag was very smooth when I backed it down and held the spool while cranking against the drag.

>>>>$19.99<<<<

The 500 has been dropped. The left side plate is broken and the left ring is bent. The spool is ever so slightly out of alignment. I straightened the frame ring in my vice and spun the spool.

While a slight wobble is visible, the spool doesn't contact the frame ring, and it spins freely. I really only bought it for parts, but it looks like all it needs is a left side plate and handle nut retaining screw. I would prefer an aluminum spool, so I'll watch for one on ebay. It was all of $1.00.

Oh, and the 500 is spotless on the inside. I think it was dropped before it ever got wet. Minimal grease, but absolutely no corrosion; the inside is still shiny.

So, a left side plate, an aluminum spool and the missing handle screw, and I've got a new jigmaster!

Central Florida

ropewrench

Hey Doc when you have it apart again could you measure the spool width
I think mine has been spread
Thank

oh great find

floating doc

Sure, I can measure the spool for you. Which reel?

Never mind; I found your discussion on the 9/0 with the rubbing spool. I'll let you know. It might be a few days; I'll be working two very long days and then have a few days off.
Central Florida

BMITCH

Nice score! Can't wait too see how you make out with these.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

ropewrench