TSI 301 or TSI 321 or both?

Started by Bucktail, December 02, 2013, 08:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucktail

For use on bearings, which one do I need?  Or do I need both? 

Thanks,
Bob
Just a jig-a-lo

locknut

TSI 301 is thinned with a solvent so will penetrate better. TSI 321 is quite a bit thicker. Either will do a great job

Bryan Young

Either is fine.

I use 301 when I'm servicing a reel.  I use 321 when I'm just going in to re-lube the bearings without removal of the bearings.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

i'm starting to use more tsi 321.  been using it like corrosion x!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tiddlerbasher

TSI 321. Its cheaper, ships easier and doesn't evaporate like 301. If you need the oil to penetrate, or disperse more easily (ie spool bearings), then simply dilute the 321 with IPA (isopropryl alcohol 99% pure) 2 parts 321/ 8 parts IPA.

sundaytrucka

From what I have read on their website, TSI 301 contains a solvent; which is not safe to use on plastics. TSI 321 does not contain the solvent and is safe to use on/near most plastics.

Is this stuff only available on-line, or are there any retailers that carry the TSI 321?
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

alantani

https://www.mysticparts.com/LubesCleaners/AmericanGas/TSI321.aspx

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SoCalAngler

A little cheaper here but I have not checked the shipping costs at Scott's vs these guys. When I bought a 4oz bottle I think it was another $9 for shipping.

http://detectorbuy.com/TSI-301-321-Lubricants_c2.htm

Bucktail

Just a jig-a-lo

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

301 if the bearings need a good cleaning and for preventive maintenance 321... my 2 "pennies". ;) :D ;D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Nuvole

Quote from: Mel B on December 07, 2013, 04:26:57 PM
yes they do... :)

Thanks for the info.

S/h to Singapore for 4 bottle of 4oz cost US$27.15, which is much cheaper than the other site I've ordered from.

CaptKev

I just ordered a $9, 4oz 321 from the OEM. The $9 s/h doubled, tripled, quadrupled as I added more bottles. Seemed a little excessive. Anxious to try this stuff.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

i've only been using it since march of this yr and so far it hasn't disappointed me. :)