BOB CAT

Started by HOLEINTHEWATER, December 04, 2013, 10:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOLEINTHEWATER

THIS IS THE BOB CAT JAMES KILLED WITH HIS BARE HANDS.  THE CAT WAS RABID AND ATTACKED HIM IN HIS YARD. IT JUMPED HIM AND KNOCKED HIM DOWN.  HE GRABBED IT AROUND THE NECK AND ROLLED OVER AND PUT HIS KNEE ON ITS CHEST. HE KEPT HIS WEIGHT ON IT UNTIL IT QUIT BREATHING. HE ONLY GOT CLAWED UP ON THE ARMS AND CHEST. HE HAD TO GET THE RABIES SHOTS.

floating doc

Oh crap!  I'm glad he's going to be okay.

The vaccines aren't as bad as they were years ago, they give them in the arm and the post exposure series is down to three shots. I hope his health insurance paid for them, they are very expensive now.
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

Good Job James! Glad you are OK Buddy.
Never heard of a Bob Cat attack! I have seen them before, but never that Big! :o
Life is Good!

floating doc

Rabies is serious stuff. 100% fatal, with about 40, 000 human deaths per year. Here in the United States we tend to think that rabies doesn't present a risk, so people are careless about keeping their pets vaccinated. I know of two cases of rabies in indoors cats.

Cats like to hunt, bats sometimes get in houses....
Central Florida

Robert Janssen

Quote from: floating doc on December 04, 2013, 07:44:27 PM
Rabies is serious stuff. 100% fatal, with about 40, 000 human deaths per year. Here in the United States we tend to think that rabies doesn't present a risk, so people are careless about keeping their pets vaccinated...

Yes, scary- Thankfully, Sweden where i live is through great diligence considered to be rabies free. Unfortunately, that seems to reduce some people to naive thoughtlessness, forgetting it exists elsewhere, so they have carelessly imported animals from abroad without proper examination. Nothing has happened yet, but still...

raumati01

Pretty badass to take of that thing with your bare hands I would have thought, good man.
Is it scrawny through sickness or are they always that thin?

Seems to  be an increase in people that don't vaccinate these days, not sure if rabies is much of a problem here but it wouldn't take much to have an outbreak I suspect.

Dominick

Make way for the new photo of the month and my new hero.  That heroic feat was just a warm-up.  James and I are going to Louisiana to rassle (I know the right word) alligators with (Cone) Bob Dundee.  We might invite Sal and Daron down for bait.  ;D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

floating doc

Quote from: raumati01 on December 08, 2013, 01:11:52 AM
Pretty badass to take of that thing with your bare hands I would have thought, good man.

Seems to  be an increase in people that don't vaccinate these days, not sure if rabies is much of a problem here but it wouldn't take much to have an outbreak I suspect.

no rabies in New Zealand.
Central Florida

raumati01

Quote from: floating doc on December 08, 2013, 03:31:14 AM
Quote from: raumati01 on December 08, 2013, 01:11:52 AM

no rabies in New Zealand.

That's good to know , no bobcats either. I was meaning NMR and meningitis vaccinations .