help with accurate extreme boss BX2 400 service items

Started by JP1, December 05, 2013, 02:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JP1

Hi All

I got a reel s/hand that needs a bit of work to bring it up to working condition. The spool bearing have corrided and need replacing. Trouble is as i took the 4 screws out of the side plate one has got damaged. Can anyone help me find a replacement one (torx number 7 size)? Anyone know if these are metric thread or AS?

Secondly which spool bearings would you recommend for replacement. I am having trouble making up my mind ABEC 5 or 7 or cermic?

Thanks

J

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

have you tried accurate's site? they have a virtual store...

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

JP1

Thanks guys will email them again. I did try a couple of weeks ago but got no reply.

I have stripped and cleaned the spool bearings and they spin ok now so i have put them back together and assembled the reel. Getting over 10 seconds free spool easy which is more than enough for me. Just need another bolt.

I wiped off the old drag washers and regreased with cals grease but the drags a bit sticky now. Is there a preferred way of cleaning carbon drag washers? Can i use a solvent to remove the old grease?

One thing i did find useful is, when assembling the spool shaft to the drag bearing with the retaining clip. I screwed the cast control grab screw fully in which pushed the shaft over enough to attach the clip.

Anyway keep up the good work, don't think i would have had a go at fixing my reels myself with out this site.

JP1

Got a reply back from accurate today the parts are very reasonably priced. 46p for the screws and £5.60 for the bearings so will get them ordered. Its good they stock the parts, makes a difference when you can still get the little bits. Top marks for accurate. :)