116L steps back in time

Started by Jerseymic, December 07, 2013, 10:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseymic

Hi Guys,

Thanks to the generosity of Sal (Alto Mare) for the spool, and Daron (Shark Hunter) for the handle, I was able to send my 116L back in time!

It really sparkles now.

Being in the U.K., I never thought I would own one of these.

I thank you both again for making this reel my pride and joy.

Mike.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

john2244

Very nice stand you made for a great looking reel !!!!

John

Jerseymic

Quote from: john2244 on December 07, 2013, 11:02:18 PM
Very nice stand you made for a great looking reel !!!!

John

John,

As you can tell, I am very happy to own such a thing of beauty!!

Mike.

Dominick

I agree with John, pretty cool stand.  Any more ideas out there for display stands?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Very Nice Mike.  Love the display stand.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Irish Jigger

Quote from: Pescachaser on December 08, 2013, 01:05:53 AM
I agree with John, pretty cool stand.  Any more ideas out there for display stands?  Dominick

It's a plinth ;)

raumati01

Quote from: Jerseymic on December 07, 2013, 10:52:19 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks to the generosity of Sal (Alto Mare) for the spool, and Daron (Shark Hunter) for the handle, I was able to send my 116L back in time!

It really sparkles now.

Mike.

This isn't a criticism at all but I was thinking of something along the same lines but with a dowel on top to use the rod clamp and braces so you could see more of the chrome. My chrome isn't as pristine as yours though, that looks superb .

Alto Mare

Beautiful reel Mike ;). Did you get enough of it yet? You can stop staring at it now ;D.
Enjoy it buddy.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Glad to help Mike! Paying it forward!
Life is Good!

Jerseymic

Quote from: Irish Jigger on December 08, 2013, 01:13:05 AM
Quote from: Pescachaser on December 08, 2013, 01:05:53 AM

It's a plinth ;)

It sure is.

Mike.

Jerseymic

Quote from: raumati01 on December 08, 2013, 01:15:23 AM
Quote from: Jerseymic on December 07, 2013, 10:52:19 PM
Hi Guys,

It really sparkles now.

Mike.

This isn't a criticism at all but I was thinking of something along the same lines but with a dowel on top to use the rod clamp and braces so you could see more of the chrome. My chrome isn't as pristine as yours though, that looks superb .

I thought along those lines, but I just wanted to knock something up quickly for a temporary display. Found this piece of timber in the workshop so used it for now. I have a design in mind for the future, so when I find the material and have the time I will put it together.
Yes the chrome is good, the reel has never been used.

Mike.

Jerseymic

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 08, 2013, 03:28:21 AM
Beautiful reel Mike ;). Did you get enough of it yet? You can stop staring at it now ;D.
Enjoy it buddy.
Sal

Sal,

I will never get enough of it!!

Thanks again.

Mike.

Jerseymic

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 08, 2013, 05:21:21 AM
Glad to help Mike! Pay it forward!

Daron,

You and Sal made it happen.

Thank you.

Mike.

Irish Jigger

Beautiful reel you have there Mike. Thank's to the great "family" of friends on here it's an International 116. Nothing like starting at the top when collecting Penns :D