thread and shaft size

Started by harryk3616, December 07, 2013, 11:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryk3616

hi   guy's    got a technical question , who knows what the thread and diameter size of a fine threaded gear shaft is on a jigmaster 500s   and the size of a gear shaft on a coarse 155 .  i'm sure the diameter is the same, pretty sure the fine thread is a 32  and the coarse thread is a 24.  any help would be appreciated.  have a great night,    harryk

bluefish69

Harry

Last night I was told that Snap On has the Tap & Die for Newell's. Maybe they would have the set for Penn.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

harryk3616

yeah mike, i saw some on ebay, sears was a no go , i need to find out what size to buy

bluefish69

The diameter of the sleeves are close. Lee must be milking the cows or he would have answered.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Irish Jigger

Both  Gear Sleeves are 0."403 dia with 24 and 32 tpi as you said. These are special threads.

harryk3616

justin   do you know what that comes out to , 7/16?   or is it something special that you can't buy over the counter.    thanks for the info

Irish Jigger

I doubt if taps and dies are available for these threads which are non standard. They are not 7/16" dia.(0."4375).

harryk3616

thank you justin for taking the time to respond.  how would be the best way to dress up the threads, any idea

Keta

Quote from: bluefish69 on December 08, 2013, 12:33:08 AM
The diameter of the sleeves are close. Lee must be milking the cows or he would have answered.

Mike

I don't have a fine thread gear sleeve to measure but all of the gear sleeve threads are odd and the reason I'm not making SS drag stars, the 113H up are also buttress thread.  Next time I measure some I'll post.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Decimal-fraction_equivalents--v0006.png

7/16"=.4375"

.3906"=25/64"
.406"=13/32"
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

harryk3616

MFB

Hi

5/32 x 32 TPI is SAE (UNF)10 x 32 & 5/32 x 24 is 10-24 UNF. I got some 5/32 x 40 TPI taps from this site http://www.tracytools.com/   they were easy to deal with & were delivered in a week.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton