penn112h

Started by jamesnashtonbrady, December 12, 2013, 03:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesnashtonbrady

Quote from: floating doc on December 12, 2013, 04:57:49 AM
No bearings in the 112H. Lots of options for hot rodding one. Black Pearl stainless yoke and bridge plate will be out soon.

were can I order a stainless yoke and ss bridge plate?

jamesnashtonbrady

Plus is there any real reason to run a 5 stack compared to a 3 stack when only useing 20lb mono

Alto Mare

Quote from: jamesnashtonbrady on December 13, 2013, 02:34:33 PM
Plus is there any real reason to run a 5 stack compared to a 3 stack when only useing 20lb mono
Smoothness!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

jamesnashtonbrady

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 13, 2013, 04:18:11 PM
Quote from: jamesnashtonbrady on December 13, 2013, 02:34:33 PM
Smoothness!

thanks sal. Btw I built that reel you sent me put a new drad and a double dog in it and gave it to the wife to fish and she loves it.

erikpowell

Roger that.... Thanks!

Keta

Quote from: noyb72 on December 13, 2013, 07:07:09 AM
I thought the 99 and the 66 were the same width? The 112H uses a 66 stand, so wouldn't a regular 112H be 99 width?
Ron

I must have a widened 112H because it has a 30-200 stand, Newell bars and spool.  I'll dig around and see if I can find a 29L-112H spool.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Lee, you have something special, yours is a Bluefin Special.
Those are valuable, but you'll need the Newell stand.
Here is one for sale, same as yours:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penn-112H-Senator-Newell-Tuna-Special-Reel-2-7-16-inches-wide-Made-in-USA-/141135802950
Newell must call it a Tuna Special, Tiburon calls it a T3 BFS Bluefin special.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

The spool and bars on mine are redish.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

I've never seen redish, some of my penn aluminum spools are almost brown from black:-\.
Could you show me a picture? I might have a newell base for that reel, but it's the type that doesn't take the rod clamp. Mine is black though, but I need to find it...if I didn't get rid of it already :-\.

Keta

I'll get some photos and try to use my wife's computer to upload them, the USB ports on my POS are not working.

Mark Twain

Keta

Here's a photo of the spool with a plastic 99 spool.

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Lee, I'm not sure but that one looks like it has been painted. I did find the newell stand, it measures 2.434", please confirm if it's the same as yours and I'll send it out.

Keta

Will do, now I will have to round up parts for 2 112H but they are a good size reel for most of my fishing.

Mark Twain

Ron Jones

Newell made 2 wide 112Hs. The Tuna special and the BFS. The Tunas special is about the width of a 113H and the BFS is about the width of a Newell Marlin Special, which is between a 113H and a 113HW or Black Marlin Special.  I have, and love, a Tuna Special and a Marlin Special. The guy on ebay who selld the T3NK kits is now selling a T3BFSK kit that he convinced Tiburon to do. I am praying that I can get the cash before he sells out.

Sal,
This is why I asked if Lees new inserts could fit 5 Hex gears. The BFS has got to hold about as much line as a 4/0 and the narrower spool works the fish harder.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

Thanks for the information Ron, I thought they were calling them differently.
I've noticed you know a lot about many reels, one day I would like to see a picture of your collection. ;D
Thanks buddy! ;)