penn112h

Started by jamesnashtonbrady, December 12, 2013, 03:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesnashtonbrady

So I scored and got this reel for 5 bucks. I want to start building it. I want to do everything to this reel posable. I already plan to do ss gears and sleeve. Depending if I want to go with a three stack or five stack drag. Going to do a double dog and a tib frame.  Also doing a power handle. What eles can I do to make this this bullet proof and were can I get a 3 or 5 stack drag with the under gear washer not being carbon fiber.  Thanks for all the help guys.

Ron Jones

What Tib kit do you plan to get?
Bryan Young sells the 5 +1 Drag stack. Lee sells the hex main gear insert to change to a versa-drag system. I would recommend a stainless yoke and upgraded bearings. If the reel did not come with an aluminum spool then I would consider that assuming you are casting it.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

floating doc

No bearings in the 112H. Lots of options for hot rodding one. Black Pearl stainless yoke and bridge plate will be out soon.
Central Florida

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

doc, actually Penn calls them bearings.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? i kinda prefer bushings.  :D ;D

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

jamesnashtonbrady

Keta

Quote from: jamesnashtonbrady on December 13, 2013, 03:25:54 AM
Whats the difference between the nerrow and the topless t T3 frame like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/121218372333?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Width, the narrow is Jigmaster 501 width, the T3 is Jigmaster 500 width.  The price difference is because the narrow is a kit and it comes with a spool.  I have a 99 width Tib 112H frame I'm slowly gathering parts to finish.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

erikpowell

Quote from: Keta on December 13, 2013, 04:08:08 AM
Quote from: jamesnashtonbrady on December 13, 2013, 03:25:54 AM
Whats the difference between the nerrow and the topless t T3 frame like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/121218372333?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Width, the narrow is Jigmaster 501 width, the T3 is Jigmaster 500 width.  The price difference is because the narrow is a kit and it comes with a spool.  I have a 99 width Tib 112H frame I'm slowly gathering parts to finish.

Lee, am I correct in thinking the 99 width is right between the 500 & 501 ? like splitting the difference?
I never have been 100% sure about the 99 width.
Thanks!

Keta

Quote from: erikpowell on December 13, 2013, 04:47:32 AM
Lee, am I correct in thinking the 99 width is right between the 500 & 501 ? like splitting the difference?
I never have been 100% sure about the 99 width.
Thanks!

Yes.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

I thought the 99 and the 66 were the same width? The 112H uses a 66 stand, so wouldn't a regular 112H be 99 width?
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

Quote from: noyb72 on December 13, 2013, 07:07:09 AM
I thought the 99 and the 66 were the same width? The 112H uses a 66 stand, so wouldn't a regular 112H be 99 width?
Ron
Yes, you're right Ron, but that wasn't the question. ;)

Erik, here are some dimensions
501-1 5/8"
  99-2 1/8"
500-2 1/2"
The 99 is 3/8" wider than the 501 and 3/8" narrower than the 500.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

floating doc

I think it's really cool how a lot of the reel parts interchange. There's a lot of knowledge on this forum.
Central Florida

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

jamesnashtonbrady

Quote from: noyb72 on December 12, 2013, 04:46:51 AM
What Tib kit do you plan to get?
Bryan Young sells the 5 +1 Drag stack. Lee sells the hex main gear insert to change to a versa-drag system. I would recommend a stainless yoke and upgraded bearings. If the reel did not come with an aluminum spool then I would consider that assuming you are casting it.
Ron

what is the perpese of a versa drag and what dose it do?