Substitute for 10213 main gear in Abu 2500C?

Started by T Rad, December 13, 2013, 06:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Rad

The main drive gear in my 2500C has some chipped teeth; working OK for now but I know I need to start looking. Abu schematic part number is 10213. Every place I check says that the gear is brass but discontinued, out of stock, etc. The gear in mine is steel, no doubt. A magnet just loves the thing. Is there an alternate part number that fits? Also, that single pin 10365 anti-reverse gear is a bit long winded. Is there a double pin, (or more) that would get me back in gear faster. I love this reel! Foot number is 751100 so it is obviously an earlier version. With new Carbontex drag washers and some ABEC 7's from Dawn it is very smooth with great free spool. Is it better to look for old ones on FleaBay for parts or look overseas to places like JapanTech. David's Tacklebox in Texas was a good source for some level wind parts, etc, but I'm sure I should gather a few things while I can. Thanks, Merry Christmas, Happy Hannakuh, God Bless, and if not of that is your cup of tea, (it is for me), then may the force be with you! Tom
"The one who thinks he knows a thing does not yet know it as he should."-- The Apostle Paul. "Illegitimis non carborundum." — General Joseph Stillwell

GulfOfBothnia

T Rad

Thanks! I will definitely lay in a spare. I would like to figure out where that steel one came from and find another but we will take what we can get!
"The one who thinks he knows a thing does not yet know it as he should."-- The Apostle Paul. "Illegitimis non carborundum." — General Joseph Stillwell