New to forum

Started by needsaboat, December 16, 2013, 03:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Very nice Dwight, that bench has lots of room, mine got away from me ::). Every time a try to put everything back, I walk away.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Thanks Sal, If you could see all of the bench it is 7' long with double file drawers on the bottom at each end. I designed it so the top would unbolt from the file drawers to make it easier to move. Under the protective cover is 3/4 oak plywood. There is also a vice on the right corner. I originally built it for a reloading bench and now it is a gun and reel combo bench. Recognize the boxes under the bench? One has the Beast in it.

Newell Nut

A week ago these were worthless reels destined for the spare parts bin and today they are smooth as silk and boast a hefty 42 lb drag system in each. Ready for some serious action. ;D

saltydog

Welcome and that is a great lookin set of reels.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Shark Hunter

Those look pretty sweet Dwight! ;)
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Thanks, Big change from the previous photo. Jesse will be very happy with these. All of them are the 500 series with double dogs and stainless gears and 3.2 gear.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Newell Nut

Thanks Alan, the SS 5-40 all thread from McMaster Carr was just right to replace the long body screw that I needed on one of the 550s. Since I have installed several Tiburon frames on personal reels I had some of those threaded sleeve nuts so I used permanent loc-tite and screwed it on the left hand end. Opened the side plate hole just a little so the extra OD would slide in place. Used the standard threaded sleeve nut on the handle side as normal.

So if any Newell guys have a long body screw messed up that is found on the Cs and Ss then go to McMaster for your 5-40 SS all thread. Comes in two foot lengths for 2.55 a stick and 6 to ship.

Anyone owning a Newell with those long body screws should lube them very well. It appears that it is a low grade SS and they will rust.

Bryan Young

Glad you found a solution.  My buddy in Hawaii could not find one.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Newell Nut

Thanks for you help Bryan. After 40 year of work on power plants I have learned to be innovative at times to make things work.