113H Total Rebuild

Started by CooldadE, April 22, 2010, 12:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CooldadE

And I mean total.... My brother gave me his left over parts after an Accurate conversion. I need all the innards, handle, freespool lever, and a spool to get me fishing. I know of all the reel parts sites around but I was trying to keep things as economical as possible. I will buy new drags for sure. Has anyone got any good used parts ?
Thanks Guys
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

borchcl

Hi CooldadE, Penn parts 4 fishing has a closeout going on, I don't know what all is left, but oyu may find some parts you need foe cheap. link: http://www.4fishin.com/Penn%20Reel%20Parts.htm good luck!

turboal

there are some Newell parts on ebay

alantani

mysticparts.com might be your best bet........
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bmoody

Quote from: alantani on April 23, 2010, 06:23:48 AM
mysticparts.com might be your best bet........

I had an interesting experience with mysticparts.com vs. local yesterday --
I needed a clicker button and retaining clip for a 113H; the original retaining clip had rusted through allowing the button to fall into the sea (they don't float).  Mysticparts.com listed the parts at $1.50 and $1.05, respectively, plus $8.15 shipping and handling.  That was quite a surprise after they sent me an order in a envelope with $0.35 stamp last time I needed something (sure that shows you how long ago).  A local shop that services Penn sold me both parts, tax included, for $1.59.  That breaks down to $1.25, 0.25, and 0.09 for button, clip, and tax.  Added benefit was being able to support my local shop.  I went in expecting to pay at least twice the quoted online price.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

alantani

yeah, i spoke to maureen about plain shipping quite a while back.  their volume of stuff that they ship is so huge.  if they started having to back track and find things that were lost in the mail, it would tie them up forever.  for me, if something gets lost in the mail, i just send out another order and figure that the original package will show up later (and it always has).  it's just not possible for them to do business that way. 

if you call shimano, daiwa, ambassaduer or okuma, they will send out small parts like this for free.   penn in philadelphia might do that as well.  i guess smaller orders are just too much to keep track of. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!