The Thrashers have arrived!

Started by Chris Gatorfan, December 19, 2013, 02:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Gatorfan

The Thrasher sharks have arrived here in the Pensacola area. Hopefully i can get some picks to post up within the week. As they were seen schooling through the piers today!
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

floating doc

I didn't know that threshers came inshore in the panhandle. Waiting for a report.
Central Florida

Chris Gatorfan

Well I'm hoping to be on the water Saturday and Sunday. 36 hours straight.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

saltydog

Water is probably colder than normal bringing them inshore.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Chris Gatorfan

Just talked to my friend Dan. He is coming over tomorrow and i am going to put in a SS Sleeve for him on his new 9/0 then we are hitting the beach. Hopefully some good pics will follow.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Shark Hunter

Where are those Thresher pics Chris? You know that their tail is used to smack the prey before they eat it. I have had the pleasure of eating Thresher Steaks and they are Delicious! Melts in your mouth. Very Flaky and tender, not fishy at all.
Life is Good!

Chris Gatorfan

Headed out yesterday around 3pm. No rays to be seen anywhere. Weather started out gorgeous and then BANG. Temps plummeted about 20 degrees in like 30 minutes and winds went from 0-5 to 15-25. Needless to say come 7:30 pm me and my friend Dan said forget this and headed back to the house. Cut mullet for sharks, and then shrimp and squid on the bait rods with not so much as a nibble.  Turn out to be a rotten day.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

floating doc

Best choice, coming back in.  that was a pretty strong cold front.
Central Florida