penn 112h upgrade questions

Started by TheReelGuy850, December 19, 2013, 04:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheReelGuy850

Well im about to dive into this ol 112h. Just wanted to get an idea of the upgraded internals and what it will cost me? Also ive been hearing about black pearl gear ss gear sets. So wheres the best and most reasonable site to buy these parts?
The Reel Guy
Fishing reel and rod repair service
Panama City, Florida

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

I would start with a ss sleeve kit. That's probably the single most important upgrade you can do at an affordable price.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Alan has a good point, but then again, he always has ;D.
I just want to mention that you are upgrading a reel that has proven itself for many years.
It's amazing that after 50+ years , today you could still purchase that same reel.
Unfortunately, that's not the case with most of the newer models, they're constantly changing.
Why do we upgrade? because that option exists ;), besides, it gives you a great feeling fishing with a reel that you had something to do with.
Good luck with whatever you decide, we're here to help either way, and not with just spending your money ;D, but also to keep that reel in top shape ;).
Good luck!
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 19, 2013, 10:00:02 AM
I would start with a ss sleeve kit. That's probably the single most important upgrade you can do at an affordable price.

X2 ;D
luck is the residue of design.

Ron Jones

If your reel has a steel gear, then a drag upgrade of either Bryan's or Lee's is hard to beat after the stainless sleeve. At least one stainless dog would be good for that situation also.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

TheReelGuy850

Mines all brass on the inside..im goin full ss ;D
The Reel Guy
Fishing reel and rod repair service
Panama City, Florida