Spool Sleeve Question

Started by Nemo, April 23, 2010, 12:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemo

I was installing a new stainless spool sleeve from Pennparts last night in a 50TW International.  I took everything apart, installed the sleeve along with new bellevilles (the old ones were pitted with rust) in the stock configuration of ()() and reassembled.  When I went to spin it to see how much better it spun, it wouldn't turn.  Everything was locked up even with the lever in free.  Evidently, the sleeve is too long?  So, I thought about it for a minute, and decided to switch the bellevilles to (()) to shorten the stack and see if that would work.  Sure enough, everything worked like it should have this time.  A quick test outside as it was getting dark showed it to easily surpass 30 lbs at strike with no loss of freespool.  My question is, does this seem like it should work fine now?  It appears to be working right, but I don't want to damage something by not being aware of potential problems.  Thanks for any advice.

alantani

if you get full range, you should be fine.  is the bearing sleeve too long?  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nemo

Quote from: alantani on April 23, 2010, 03:59:25 PM
if you get full range, you should be fine.  is the bearing sleeve too long?  alan

Using the stock configuration of ()(), it appeared to be too long.  Once I switched to (()) to give it a little more room, it appeared to work fine.  Freespool is there, and drag range is more than adequate.