114H 6/0 Question

Started by AndrewC, December 20, 2013, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewC

Hi Folks

I just picked up a 6/0 Senator and its the time I've ever seen a fishing reel come with a Health Warning.

The box says it contains Lead. Can someone tell me where the lead would be??
The worlds a better place when its upside down

Shark Hunter

I Don't know. I have a lot of reels and have never seen this warning. Is this a China reel?
Life is Good!

AndrewC

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 20, 2013, 06:41:08 PM
I Don't know. I have a lot of reels and have never seen this warning. Is this a China reel?

Nope. Its a genuine USA made one.

I can't think of any parts that would contain lead unless there's something inside made of Pewter or Pewter plated

Ron Jones

I think that is on the box of reels destined for certain parts of the country. I believe led may be used in some casting processes.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

Here in California, if there is any traces of lead in the process (lead can be used as a lubricant in manufacturing) or the absolute material chemistry is not certain, the marking is added...and instead of having one marking just for California, it's provided for all products.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

AndrewC