Pontoons

Started by Keta, December 21, 2013, 12:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I've been sidetracked from reel parts for a week or so, here's what I've been building.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

Nice,
One of those is perfect for your area.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

You do some nice work Lee and from the picture it appears to be done....now get back on my parts ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

That looks good Lee. How about making me one. Sal can wait. ;)
Life is Good!

BMITCH

All aluminum right ?? Very nice stuff. Beautiful work Lee.
luck is the residue of design.

Keta

Yes, the frame is all aluminum.  We have 3 sold as of now.  They will be perfect for sidedrifting small coastal rivers for steelhead.  I'm thinking about taking mine from the headwaters of the Klamath River to the coast.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

bluefish69

One of those would be perfect for Crabing along the Creek Banks at night. I could put 2 bushels in a few hours in there.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

AndrewC

Don't think I could afford the air freight :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The worlds a better place when its upside down

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

saltydog

Very nice work, it looks great.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Clem

LTM

Lee, that looks like a trolling motor mounted on the rear? I like that much better than a kayak, it seems that it would be more sea worthy and stable than a kayak? You do great work Lee. How much you selling them for, if you dont mind me asking?

Leo

Keta

Quote from: LTM on December 21, 2013, 07:33:34 AM
Lee, that looks like a trolling motor mounted on the rear? I like that much better than a kayak, it seems that it would be more sea worthy and stable than a kayak? You do great work Lee. How much you selling them for, if you dont mind me asking?

Leo

I think Ken (Wilderness Pack Specialties  http://www.wildernesspacks.com/ ) said $3500 for the 9' ones with a 50lb Minkota motor.  The finished one on the floor was #1, the frame on the table is #2.  When I start #3 I will have a fixture and all of the dimensions.

They have hands free steering for controlled drift fishing or back bouncing.

Mark Twain

wallacewt

you,re just magic keta.

Newell Nut

Great looking design Lee. Those things should sell like hotcakes here in Florida. I would want one if I could fit it in my garage.

Great job Lee.