Penn senator 114hlw bearing question

Started by seekfishing, December 27, 2013, 04:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seekfishing

I just picked up a penn 6/0 . The 2 spool bearings are in caps and dont seam to come out. My question is are they just stuck or are do they not come out.
I was able to remove the the sheild on one side but the other seems to have a washer on top.

By the way this a great site have been checking it out for a few weeks now , first post.

Allan
Seekfishing
custom rod and reel
seekfishing.com

Marlinmate

They are most likely stuck.....and are hard to get out.

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

Cone

They will come out. Sometimes they are a pain to get out though. The left side plate bearing cup has a pressed in bearing retainer in front of the bearing. You should be able to pry it out. Be careful if it is the bearing cup without the o-ring. They are no longer made and the new one won't work in the old side plate. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Dominick

Seek1:  First pry out the washer holding the bearing in place.  They come out pretty easy.  Then put a tool with a hooked edge in and get under the bearing.  You should be able to pull it out.  It won't come out easily but keep at it.  Just when your fingers are screaming at you it will pop free.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.