OKIAYA REELS

Started by jg125, December 28, 2013, 01:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jg125

Just wondering if anybody looked into these reels tried to post the website wouldn't let me. www.okiayaonline.com they all look good to you open them up.

Dominick

JG: I never heard of them.  I looked at their site and saw the 130lb rod.  That is dirt cheap for a big game rod.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

I'm all for the sopressata, formaggio provolone, salciccia secca and a good bottle of Primitivo.  As far as the Okaiya eh!  BTW do you know Sal and Lucca?  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

erikpowell

Hi JG,
I looked as close as I could at those reels, and the 30w 2 speed is identical to a set of reels I acquired a couple years back.
They were an OEM made for Wright McGill then.. That Okiaya is identical... only gold, not blue.
----- JUNK ------
-----Rustbucket----

Don't even bother UNLESS you are ready & able to completely tear those down, replace all 9 inferior bearings with Stainless ones, and grease the guts outta that thing.

All I have left outta that deal are 4 pretty cool handles.... and 4000 yds of 30lb mono...  ;D ;D

Just my 2 cents.... buyer beware
Erik

Tile

Better stick to the trusted makers like Penn, Fin-Nor, Shimano, Avet and Accurate. For me 9 bearings in a heavyweight multiplier isn't a good omen. Better stick with 4 bearings that are really massive and can take the use and abuse. The heavyweight multipliers need to have big beefy parts in them.
In solid fiberglass we trust

Dominick

Sal is Alto Mare and his pretend cousin Lucca Brazzi.  Sal lives in Havertown, PA and Lucca lives anywhere he wants to.   ;D  Dominick

Irish Jigger

Hard to get a crew together over here with petrol at the equivalent of $8.10/US gallon.

Alto Mare

Quote from: jg125 on December 28, 2013, 06:20:44 AM
my family comes from messina I am everol all the way but I like my penns too that I grown up living in south philly what do you expect sopressata and sharp and good bread and some good wine and seeing what a okiaya can do on my next tuna trip what do you think
JG, where in south Phila do you live, I'm actually leaving now to visit some friends on 15Th st.
I would love to get on that boat, but you've mentioned Messina, so I need to think about it some more ;D.....did you introduce yourself to the site?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

Sounds good Jay, thanks! I was one block away this evening, talk to you later.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Black Pearl

Tightlines667

I just picked up 2 of the 50Ws from a customer to spool.  A friend of his and another guy are starting to promote them here in HI.  I think I'll pull one of the new ones apart and have a look see.  I warned the customer that these are knock-offs, but like a lot of other guys he couldn't resist the pretty shinny gold color of a new reel at this price.  At least they say they are using carbon fiber drag material now.  I might post a few pics for those that are interested. 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Not to be Negative, But I bought a rod from them with a crooked Gimbal. That was enough for me.
Life is Good!

OKIAYA

Did you ever contact us to exchange or repair the rod?

Wolli

love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

thorhammer

Quote from: OKIAYA on March 19, 2017, 04:46:56 PM
Did you ever contact us to exchange or repair the rod?

the issue was in 2014....