TORIUM vs TRINIDAD

Started by LTM, December 28, 2013, 08:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTM

Guys,

Are the internal parts/guts (right side plate parts) IDENTICAL for these reels? Im specifically referring to the Torium 20 vs Trinidad 20, I want to swap some parts. If not exactly identical, what parts are different?

Thanx,

Leo

Bryan Young

Quote from: LTM on December 28, 2013, 08:07:53 PM
Guys,

Are the internal parts/guts (right side plate parts) IDENTICAL for these reels? Im specifically referring to the Torium 20 vs Trinidad 20, I want to swap some parts. If not exactly identical, what parts are different?

Thanx,

Leo
some parts are identical like the yoke, eccentric, springs...  gears are different. Trini has stainless and toriums have brass.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

LTM

Thanx Bryan, I was wondering if the gear/handle shaft could be swapped specifically. Maybe not if gears are different.

Please check you mail when you get a chance,

Leo

Jeri

Hi Leo

The Torium drive shaft has a bush at the bottom, while the Trinidad has a bearing – so they might be different sizes. As the Trinidad has a complete plate to carry the gear train, the projection at the end of the shaft may be longer on the Trinidad – so might interfere with the spool on the Torium frame.

The Torium frame has a small cut out in the moulding to take the circlip at the bottom of the shaft, any extra length in a Trinidad shaft would foul and cause spacing problems.

Difficult to tell without both parts to compare, the Torium is obviously a cheaper version of the Trinidad, and while very similar, there might be spacing differences for the different gear sets.

Hope that helps.

Cheers from sunny Africa.

Jeri

LTM

Thanx much Jeri, that's the info I was looking for. I always look forward to your comments.

Leo