114HLW Hex Drags

Started by Shark Hunter, December 31, 2013, 08:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Right you are Daron ;). The 114h bearings could be a pain to remove at times, there is no way to hold the bearing cup. I can now clamp the ProPex brass fitting on a vise and go to work with my bearing pullers.
The brass fitting has been modified on my lathe, the cup is a perfect fit.

They will also work on the screw on cup.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bluefish69

Looks nice Sal but we used to make our own adapters using Compression fittings & Barb Couplings. We just soldered them together with 50/50.  You could make that with a minor adjustment to a Compression Fitting & dremel.  I only have the Reel Speed Bearing Puller.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Alto Mare

Yeah, I'm starting to see Sharkbite fittings on my jobs, soon I will tell the plumber to stay home and I'll do it myself ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

Oh, I understand how it works now Sal.  Very creative.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bluefish69

Shark Bites came after me. I did a different kind of Plumbing, I did Pneumatic Controls using anywhere from 20# - 100# of air pressure. Most days a 1/8" screwdriver was my main tool to make adjustments other days could be a 1 3/16" Box Wrench. I did put my share of Cast Iron Pipe in building, TP Tubing etc.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Keta

I was a journeyman millwright/powerhouse mechanic for many years, I could start the day with a 1/4" screwdriver adjusting governors and work up to really large tools during the day.  My wrenches go to 3" and my 3/4" sockets to 3-1/2".
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain