Penn 113H Drag Stack?

Started by broadway, May 01, 2010, 07:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

I was working on a friends reel the other day (penn 113H-maroon plates) with the stack of 3 thick washers.  I was wondering if I could somehow modify it to work with 4 or maybe even five, due to the fact that the smoothdrag polished washers are so thin as well as the carbontex drags? Also, I just bought a used 113h with a red spool.  The guy claimed it was an anniversary edition and specifically answered "No" when I asked him if it was a Tib or other after market spool...what ya think?  It has no markings or stampings to identify it as Penn which I would think they'd do.  ....PS-Irish Jigger I PM'd you with some good news in the 112h spool department. I wasn't sure because I sent it the day alantani.com was in disarray earlier in the week.   Thanks
Dom

Irish Jigger

Hi Dom,
           Your red spool reel is a Penn 75th anniversary edition as far as I know.
Thank,s for the reminder re your PM's on the chrome spools,I had failed to notice them in my mail box!
Alan obtained one for me and is shipping it out now so thank's again for your help.
I tried bidding on a very nice 112H with chrome spool on Ebay this week. Unfortunately he did not ship internationally so I could not bid. Just as well as believe it or not it went for $163.50 .
With shipping to UK those spools cost up to $100. :(
Good Luck with the drags,I'm sure you can do those blindfolded now. ;D

Irish Jigger.

broadway

Glad it worked out for ya, and thanks for identifying the spool for me.  I'm still curious if the thin drag stack will work in place of the thin set. Anyone?  Thanks
Dom

alantani

i'd get a set of five #6-113h's, a single #6-875 and a set of thin metal washers.  this stack should work just fine.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway