C-clips to Ambassadeurs ?

Started by Drisse, January 02, 2014, 08:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drisse

Hi !

I wonder if its possible to buy bulkpack with c-clips for Ambassadeur reels ? Can you find them in industrial stores, or are they special sizes ? I've measured the reel c-clips, but can't find any among the c-clips in stores here in Sweden. It would be great if its possible to buy a non Abu bulkpack :)

Thanks in advance !

wallacewt

hi drisse i went to a model shop
not the girls,the boats and helicopters and cars
i bought them in 1 dozen batches for $3.
2mm,2.5mm.3mm abu size,4mm etc;

Drisse

Thanks for the advice wallacewt. I'll check out nearest hobby/model shop.

Ken_D

Quote from: Drisse on January 02, 2014, 08:25:21 AM
Hi !

I wonder if its possible to buy bulkpack with c-clips for Ambassadeur reels ? Can you find them in industrial stores, or are they special sizes ? I've measured the reel c-clips, but can't find any among the c-clips in stores here in Sweden. It would be great if its possible to buy a non Abu bulkpack :)

Thanks in advance !

Operating hint: If you are doing reels for others, and maybe so, if you are looking for more c-clips:
As you see the older 4-5-6 reels that have e clips on the idler gear, steal those, and replace with the jobber ones.

Over here, The size that fits perfectly the idler post on 4-5-6, will not fit the handle of the 4-5-6. Good diameter inside, but too big outside to clear the hdle nut.

The ones that fit the handle are too small to be effective. The factory e-clip will fit both the post and the cranks.

alantani

i got frustrated and finally broke down and went to http://www.mcmaster.com/#retaining-rings/=q9jez6 and ordered stainless steel e-clips in every size they had. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

hi drisse
the e-clips came in and he wants 95c each.
i said dont be silly,you only charged me 30c last time.
i still have your pkt;he said bring it up and show me.
ill go up tomorrow and denut him.

wallacewt

went to toy shop to denut im
he was 3x my size
i said sir i think you made a mistake
he said nope they are $1 each
i paid 30c,yesterday was 95c today $1
thats the price
i dont want them
"good" said he, "i didnt order them"

Mandelstam

Quote from: wallacewt on February 21, 2014, 01:25:59 AM
went to toy shop to denut im
he was 3x my size
i said sir i think you made a mistake
he said nope they are $1 each
i paid 30c,yesterday was 95c today $1
thats the price
i dont want them
"good" said he, "i didnt order them"

Haha, what a nut!
;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Drisse

Haha ! Dayprices on those c/e - clips if you're a big salesman :)

Ken_D

I got the five o'clock surprise as well.... NAPA's where I buy, last set, for 0.18 CAD each. Last week's new price: 0.45 CAD each.  Still better than Abu's 1.35 CAD each. They come 18 to the package, and are only good on the 7000 handle nut, and the idler gear for 4-5-6-7's.

I believe they get them from Paulin, in Ontario somewhere. Paulin has a massive catalogue.
PN is 268-506: subsidiary number under that is 5133-15.

The ones I use are a bit too big for the hdle nut on the smaller reels. No big deal... I just steal the smaller ones from the idler gears on the 4-5-6's, put those on the hdle, and use the jobber ones, back down on the idler.  And for current reels with the dimple on the idler, it gets cut off, and a jobber clip installed.