Best Company to order from in the states???

Started by Chris Gatorfan, January 09, 2014, 04:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Gatorfan

hey guys i have 5 abu 5500c3's that i am working on and need to get a few parts for them. was just looking to see who you guys deal with and believe has the best time for delivery here in the states.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Bryan Young

Pure Fishing (http://www.abugarcia.com/support/parts).  delivery time to california is 4 days on averge.

If you have a business, you could set up an account.

If not, I think if you buy more than $75, you get a discount.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ken_D

Quote from: Chris Gatorfan on January 09, 2014, 04:02:05 PM
hey guys i have 5 abu 5500c3's that i am working on and need to get a few parts for them. was just looking to see who you guys deal with and believe has the best time for delivery here in the states.

It 'used to be', that Pure Fishing would ask where you live, tell you where the closest warranty center is, and decline to sell you stuff, instead telling you to shop the closest warranty center. Now that they have changed ownership twice, that business model could have changed. If they don't do that, then shop PF. If they still do that, try South Western Parts. The pricing is decent, and the upcharge for service and stamps seems decent as well.

LTM

Just ordered some parts on Monday from PF and they didnt ask my locatiion.

Leo

day0ne

David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Ken_D

It's all well and good if the orderer is an American living in America. But Canucks are advised to use a different order process, further down on the page as per the link above.

The 0.81 USD cent drag washer from PF lands at about 2.50 CAD/2.35 USD after 12% tax, rate of currency exchange, 6% duty, profit markup from PF, and freight. No big deal.... any reel I do up for someone else, they get to pay whatever everything comes to.

Jimbippy

Hello all,
New around here and learning about these marvoulous machines a little more every day.
I shop from NJ and ordered threw a bunch of sellers on eBay. My top suppliers are Lurebuddy, Fredsreels and Dadsoletackle (also has a website www.dadsoletackle.com) out of TX are all very reliable sellers and then there's seller dj51706 who is Simon Shimomura author of  The Ambassadeur and I who has some of the hardest to find original parts but the person who has helped me get every odds and ends part for my older reels has been Jerry at Foran Reels in Fla www.hookless.com he is a very friendly and knowledgeable man. Also www.Reelkustomreels.com out of VA has some one of a kind parts on eBay (seller id reelkustomreels)however their website doesn't have the parts listed yet, on eBay they have custom dual bearing power handles and oversized two tone drag stars also custom anodized end caps. (I got a set of red ones for my 70's 5600C to match the button and it looks awesome)
Hope this helps someone find what they need.
Jimbippy
Sometimes I fix it cuz it's broke, but most times I fix it cuz I broke it!

GulfOfBothnia

Quote from: day0ne on January 10, 2014, 06:24:35 AM
Here's the ones I use:

http://www.southwesternparts.com/  (20 mi from the house)

http://www.abugarcia.com/support/parts (factory)

Just tried southwesternparts.com... found some parts I was searching for. About $12 total. Shipping would have been $60... does not make sense. No go for me.
Maybe I need to move to USA.