113h trouble

Started by ShoreKasterHI, January 10, 2014, 05:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShoreKasterHI

Hi I have two Penn 113h. The trouble I'm having is with one of them when I spin the handle and let the reel free spool, then engage it back the reel will make a grinding noise. With the other reel it will engage and the handle will spin but the other seems like something won't catch. I can't figure it out. Anyone have an idea of what's happening?

Keta

Does it stop if you hold the spool from turning and crank the handle (in gear) to let the pinion gear engage the spool?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

ShoreKasterHI

Quote from: Keta on January 10, 2014, 05:57:25 AM
Does it stop if you hold the spool from turning and crank the handle (in gear) to let the pinion gear engage the spool?

Yes it does.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

You have to crank the handle to engage it after you flip the lever. It doesn't do it on its own.
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

Sometimes you get the grinding noise and sometimes you don't. I have a theory that the reels with better free spool make more of the noise because the spool is spinning faster when you try to throw it in gear. But that's just my theory.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

The only time my reel is spinning in freespool is when a Shark is swimming away from me and I let him run with the clicker on. This is a very exhilarating experience, Fasten the snaps to the reel, make sure your harness is situated just right and drop the hammer and hold on! ;D
Life is Good!

floating doc

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 10, 2014, 07:29:45 AM
The only time my reel is spinning in freespool is when a Shark is swimming away from me and I let him run with the clicker on. This is a very exhilarating experience, Fasten the snaps to the reel, make sure your harness is situated just right and drop the hammer and hold on! ;D

Oh yeah!  Flipping that lever as the clicker screams!
Central Florida

Bunnlevel Sharker

Then after throwing it in gear doing the running man and setting the hook home  ;D
Grayson Lanier

Ron Jones

Can't say I've ever waited to set the hook to do the running man, but I'd like to see that.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bunnlevel Sharker

Ill take a vid sometime, i like to make sure they have the bait good. I buried a 10/0 J in a fish this summer, it wont coming out easy
Grayson Lanier