Triple dog dare ya!!!

Started by BMITCH, January 11, 2014, 09:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Encouragement from my friends Dominick and Daron they kinda planted the bug. WHY NOT?? This ill work on this week. Any input and or comments( just as long as they are positive ::)) are welcome. This is doable!!

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Dominick

Way to go Bob.  You are getting close to losing the water resistance integrity of the reel.  You might want to take down the back edge and use a different spring type.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BMITCH

Dominick, I hear ya. I already thought about that. The dog you see there was only for dry testing. The final dog I'm sure won't even look somewhat like that.

Bryan Young

Wow.  That is awesome.

Dominick, that is called a drainage gap. :)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

erikpowell

Good Idea Bob !

you instantly led me to ponder & question

how about an elongated & fattened  two "pronged" radius dog that could grab 2 teeth instead of just one..

then we could Quad Dog !

somebody wake up Lee.... get him to the BatCave   ;D ;D

Bryan Young

Interesting. I need to think about that.  For 4/0, 6/0, 9/0,...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

erikpowell

I'm kinda relating this in my mind to my mtb bike components, because I think it was Chris King or White Industries whose
rear hub design incorporated multi toothed pawls .. way before shimano ever thought of it.
King hubs are bulletproof & worth the extra dough, if not just for the sound they make!  

Shark Hunter

Good one Erik! I am keeping Lee busy in that Batcave! :D
More like James Bond's secret weapons! ;D
Life is Good!

BMITCH

Erik, great idea.we always borrow from other industries. Really there is very few new ideas. Mostly there is new applications for old ideas. Im O.K. With following. Right now indeed to getacouple of side plates to work with off to eBay I go. Hopefully I'll get something up here soon. I think this can be done. Lee raised one good point.. Spool clearance. I could really use knowledge and a cad system.

Bryan Young

I really need a 3D laser imaging table too. Makes life easier...oh and a 3D printer too to print my prototypes. :)

Jerseymic

Quote from: erikpowell on January 12, 2014, 05:28:49 AM
Good Idea Bob !

you instantly led me to ponder & question

how about an elongated & fattened  two "pronged" radius dog that could grab 2 teeth instead of just one..

then we could Quad Dog !

somebody wake up Lee.... get him to the BatCave   ;D ;D

You were reading my mind!

Mike.

Alto Mare

Quote from: BMITCH on January 11, 2014, 09:21:03 PM
Encouragement from my friends Dominick and Daron they kinda planted the bug. WHY NOT?? This ill work on this week. Any input and or comments( just as long as they are positive ::)) are welcome. This is doable!!
Bob

I've been quiet, due to my favorite color above ;) ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Whatta say Sal?? Think this will fly?

Alto Mare

No, I think you're off your rocker ;D.
Go for it buddy, it's always nice to explore ;), we'll back you up, good or bad.

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

I already picked up another side plate off eBay and I hope I'll get it the first time....but. Let the grinding begin :o