Question about Accuplates for Penn 505

Started by mbg60, January 12, 2014, 05:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbg60

I have several Accurate Jigmaster conversions.  I purchased the Tiburon Yellowfin spool and frame upgrade. Unfortunately for me, the 505 extended spoool won't fit into the accuplates I have.  Did Accurate make plates specifically for 505's or is there a way I can modify the plates I have?

Bryan Young

Quote from: mbg60 on January 12, 2014, 05:50:45 PM
I have several Accurate Jigmaster conversions.  I purchased the Tiburon Yellowfin spool and frame upgrade. Unfortunately for me, the 505 extended spoool won't fit into the accuplates I have.  Did Accurate make plates specifically for 505's or is there a way I can modify the plates I have?
from what I've heard, they were made for Penn's 500/501.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

I had the same issue. Unless you have the capabilities of turning down the shaft you will have to go with a 500/501 spool.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mbg60

Mahalo for your responses Bob and Bryan.  Is anyone here willing to and do they have the know how to do this?  The purple spools on the red accurates are killing me.  LOL

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 12, 2014, 08:42:55 PM
Is the difference in the beating size?
The spool shaft on the 505/506 is much longer on the handle side than the 500.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Backlash118

I believe they do as the set I have now takes a 505 bridge only, the 500 bridge and gears does not fit I posted some pictures in the picture section