Boy 6kg off record with 250kg marlin

Started by redsetta, January 15, 2014, 12:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Dominick

Great stuff.  That reel looks bigger than his head.
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

I'd say it is! ;) ;D
Looks like a Duel too - nice.

Tightlines667

That fish should make the junior IGFA world record if it was weighed on a certified scale, and the proper application was made.  I wish they had a junior cat when I caught my world records, I would have had twice as many.  Nice catch!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

MFB

That's going to be hard to top...

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

HOLEINTHEWATER

GREAT, HE IS HOOK FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.

Cone

That's one way to make Papa proud! It's great to hear something good in the news for a change!  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

redsetta

Another great fishing story in the paper today - local shark fisho offers a young lad with autism his rod and he ends up landing a 160kg (350lb) bronzie.
Class ;)

redsetta

Another solid fish in the paper today - a 411kg (900+lb) Pacific Bluefin (potential record pending):
Good to know they're still out there, and the fishery's being well managed by all accounts...

Dominick

Wow! that's 906lbs.  Justin, I had to go to so. Cal yesterday and didn't realize that my trip would take me right by Morro Bay.  If I would have been paying attention I could have stopped by and introduced myself to your brother.  Oh Well the next time.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Dominick - next time, if circumstances allow, please do stop by...
We'll be there from 17-31 Mar, so if there's any chance of catching up - mad keen.
My bro and I rarely get the chance to catch up/surf/ride etc together, so I won't make it north to you, Alan, Bryan and Rob - as much as I'd like to (and as much as I hate to end that sentence in a preposition!) ;) ;D
I'll be in Baja Sur 1-17 Mar if you're down that way - you know where...
All the best mate, Justin