Corrosion X Question

Started by Nemo, May 10, 2010, 03:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nemo

Will Corrosion X damage mono or spectra line?  I am about to have a 50W spooled with JB hollow and mono, and would like to treat the spool to avoid corrosion.  I have heard of waxing the spool, but it seems like Corrosion X would last longer.  Any thoughts?

Roger

I use johnson paste wax on all of our offshore reels at least once a year and have never had any line problems from either spectra or mono. Can't tell ya about corrosion x.....
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Wolli

for to protect your reels, spools and rods i use REJEX from CorrosionX manufacturers.  It's easy to apply and produces a deep, lustrous shine that outlasts the most popular waxes by months, and will not cause any damage to braid/mono fishing lines, reel and rods.
More information you will find on: www.corrosionxproducts.com/display%20Page.htm

Wolli

love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

alantani

Quote from: conniek on May 11, 2010, 02:01:53 PM
Hi Alan, I attempted to respond to the Corrosion X rep post about Corrosion X.
I have used this product since i began my shop, many years, (almost more than I can count.) ;)
Way before they came up with Reel X. Thru the years we have seen reels come back thru our shop and this product is the best IMHO. I've been to lots of other sites, and by far. Reel X and Corrosion X is the number one product. Thanks for a great site with lots of information for all. conniek
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!