113h vs. 113hl

Started by broadway, May 10, 2010, 11:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but it's all your faults.  Since I learned how to tinker with these reels I got people comin' outta the wood work, "Can you get this thing to work again?"  I don't take money, I just get the knowledges, a few accolades, and a helping hand when I need it...good enough for me :)  Kudos to the A.T. Crew!! I just scored a few Penn 113HL reel frames/sideplates/bearings from another site for a song and a dance.  Now I'm gonna put some parts in 'em.  What is the difference between the 113H and the 113HL...was it the aluminum spool? Do they use the same parts and drag, hope so?  Thanks
Dom

akfish

The "L" indicated that they had an aluminum spool. The "L" models also had graphite frame or aluminum cross braces instead of posts, the newer models had a different (larger) left side bearing, and the older, non-L models had the three stack, non HT-100 drag washer system. The bridges are the same and the gears are the same.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

alantani

Quote from: broadway on May 10, 2010, 11:44:06 PM
...... Since I learned how to tinker with these reels I got people comin' outta the wood work, "Can you get this thing to work again?"  ......

i told you this would happen........ ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

broadway

Sounds like I'm cleared for take off, thanks AK! Alan, You sure did:)  Thanks
Dom

Bryan Young

I'm lucky.  I just send them to Alan for hot-rodding, but will do general cleaning/greasing.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

That's a good move for a guaranteed perfect hotrod job, but you should try it yourself.  If it don't work out send Alan the parts and he'll take it from there.  If I get stuck and the A.T. Crew (all you guys) can't help me out I'm sending it to Alan for some lovin ;) Thanks
Dom