Greetings...

Started by Aiala, January 18, 2014, 06:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Hello, my name is Aiala (Aye-Al-Ah) and I have been an avid angler for more decad... er, years than I care to contemplate. Having lived in many different places, I've had the opportunity to sample a lot of different kinds of fishing. I first became "hooked" (so to speak) catching snapper blues with my cane pole in New York's Great South Bay. I eventually caught fluke, porgies, weakfish, and then when I was old enough I learned how to surf cast (with a Mitchell Garcia 306...what a great reel!)

After fishing in various far-flung places –including the Red Sea, where I landed a tanguige (sort of an Asian king mackerel)– I settled in California and quickly became enamored of the long-range fleet based in San Diego. Over the years I enjoyed several trips to Guadalupe Island, the Alijos Rocks, and once I even made the long voyage to Clarion Island. My best catch was a 125-lb YFT which I caught off the kite aboard the ROYAL POLARIS.

At any rate, even though I'm now of an age where Social Security and Medicare begin to be relevant issues, I still hope to enjoy some good times and good fishing out on the beautiful ocean, which I have always loved. Good luck to all!

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Well, its official now! ;D
Welcome again! ;)
Life is Good!

Dominick

Good to have you on board Aiala.  If you run into any problems working your reels you will have plenty of help here. 
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

Quote from: Dominick on January 18, 2014, 07:34:28 PM
Good to have you on board Aiala.  If you run into any problems working your reels you will have plenty of help here. 

Thank you, Dominick. Everyone here seems so knowledgeable, it's a great resource!  :)

~A~ 

Chris Gatorfan

We're glad to have you aboard.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Keta

Hi, I love Clarion Island.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Aiala

Hello, Mssrs. Keta and Salty, it's nice to meet you.   :)

~A~

alantani

welcome!   hey, so we have this 5 day trip scheduled.........   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Aiala

Quote from: alantani on January 18, 2014, 11:27:51 PM
Welcome! Hey, so we have this 5 day trip scheduled......... ;D

Tempting indeed, Alan! But right now 4 days is my outside limit, since I have a very elderly dad and can't be away too long. 

Is your 5-day on the INTREPID? I've never ridden her; she looks beautiful! :)

~A~

Aiala

Quote from: BMITCH on January 19, 2014, 01:55:38 AM
Welcome from NJ.

Hello, Bob. I actually went to college in New Jersey, a million years ago. (Well, actually only forty years ago, but it feels like a million.) One thing I do remember is cutting class and driving down to Mantoloking to fish on a party boat during the spring mackerel run. It was a total blast, LOL   :D

~A~

alantani

actually it's 5 days on the spirit of adventure.  it's not as fancy as the intrepid, but it's still my favorite. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

DaBigOno

Aloha!. Nice to have you ~A~
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

harryk3616

hi   aiala          from here at brentwood  long island, welcome.    harryk