Need expertise as I can't find the answer anywhere!!! Avet JX 4.1

Started by skipjackrobert, January 19, 2014, 08:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipjackrobert

Can anyone tell me the inches per turn on an avet JX 4.1?  I have looked for over 2 hours on the internet and can't find it!  I am thinking about using this reel for larger jigs and deep water applications.  Say 250 to 350 feet of water with knife type jigs in the 250 gm range.

I currently have a saltiga 30t at 4.9 ratio that is great for yoyo but not sure if the 4.1 will be 2 slow?  I hope to wake up and find somebody can give me input and the inches per turn.

Thank you in advance!  Robert in so cal

jg125

I am no expert but there is a easy thing you can do to get close. first tie your line onto somthing now with the line taught make a mark on the spool and one on the housing where ever you can next to one another as a reference point. now make a mark on your line where it is closest to the spool. make a revolution to your two marks line up again. make another mark at that point at the spool on line again. now pull line off and measure the distance between your marks on your line and that should get you close enough

AJ

Per the Avet web site the 4.6 JX retrieve is 36", a 4.1 should be close, (doing the math I come up with 32" per crank).  Hope that helps.
Robb

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D