Everol 20/0

Started by Shark Hunter, January 30, 2014, 01:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doradoben

Shark Hunter, you may need to refi your house to fill that with 500 lb spectra. :o

Aiala

I want one of these... 87/0... 3 tons of drag... it even comes with a free hook!  ;D

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Robert Janssen

Shark Hunter

Quote from: saltydog on January 30, 2014, 04:28:18 PM
Now that is a beast and it doesn't look as big as I thought, still need something to tie myself to on the beach with those drag pressures though.
I think Robert just makes it look small William. Look at the size of those meat hooks compared to the drags! ;)
Life is Good!

AndrewC

How about a Penn 32/0

You're going to need a bigger plinth :D
The worlds a better place when its upside down

Chris Gatorfan

Aiala Do you realize how much Braid you could put on that. Us Florida boys could sit on the bank in Miami and get a boat to drop our bait for us in the Bahamas.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Dominick

Quote from: Aiala on January 30, 2014, 04:39:22 PM
I want one of these... 87/0... 3 tons of drag... it even comes with a free hook!  ;D

~A~

Aiala that is very funny.   ;D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

AndrewC

This is the Australian version. Invented by Lyster Ormsby in 1906

It takes 4 guys to carry it. We rig them with live bait. No drag and a 1:1 retrieve makes for a real fight 

http://www.pittwateronlinenews.com/surf-reels-collectors-corner.php
The worlds a better place when its upside down

raumati01

Quote from: Mr Grumpy on January 30, 2014, 06:49:41 PM
This is the Australian version. Invented by Lyster Ormsby in 1906

It takes 4 guys to carry it. We rig them with live bait. No drag and a 1:1 retrieve makes for a real fight 

http://www.pittwateronlinenews.com/surf-reels-collectors-corner.php

When I lived in Bondi there was a really old fashioned barbershop a couple of streets back from the beach with some photos like those and sharks that were caught around Bondi. There was a surf lifesaver killed in one of those rings in the 60shttp://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1301&dat=19670310&id=u4JWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=7-QDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6330,2530308

raumati01

Sorry for the thread jack, any idea how much bigger one of these is that a penn 130?

Shark Hunter

Its cartoonishly big! :o This is a 5 minute video. At 1 minute he shows an 18/0. This should give you an idea!
Life is Good!

Robert Janssen

I remember that. That was a fun show. I'm there behind the camera somewhere.  Big Mike and Tunatoys too. Dave Ferell is a really nice guy. It was good to meet him, because we started talking about an old magazine article i had seen a long time ago, about hot rodding reels, and found inspiration therein. Turns out, he was the one who wrote it, back when he was just a little Dave and I was just a little Rob and the internet was only one page.

About the Penn 130, there is really no comparison. Just sizewise, it's like an entire Penn 130 fits in the spool window of the 20/0 or thereabouts.

Economically speaking Shark Hunter, be aware that there is nothing to stop you from flying over there and buying a whole bushel of them, but it just isn't very cool towards Keith Wichmann, (and company; myself included) who has devoted a great deal of time, energy and finances towards importing, marketing and promoting the marque in order to make it well-known and available to all, particularly in the USA. It is not an easy job, and he has been waiting for this day for years.

(and for what its worth, i don't know what import tariffs are on a high-dollar item like this are, but i can well imagine US Customs has an opinion on it)

Alto Mare

Doc is that you holding that 20/0 and gears?
Did you guys have to show one in red ::) .
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Robert Janssen

No, that is the owner of Everol, and those are the drag washers. We have similar sized hands though. So the drag washers are like, the size of what... a 9/0?

Alto Mare

;D ;D

You know, I was thinking about something. We had over 2500 visitors today, what if each would chip in a dollar, that should help with getting me that red baby for my birthday ;) ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.