Beachmaster 250

Started by Ron Jones, January 31, 2014, 12:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

None of the Senators are quick take-apart. I don't know whether the next size up, the 2/0, is compatible with a Tiburon or other aftermarket frame, but if so, I'd be interested in checking one out.   :)

~A~

Several 2/0s on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penn-Senator-111-2-0-Deep-Sea-Conventional-Sea-Ocean-Saltwater-Game-Fishing-Reel-/380822697072?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58aacd3470  (Current bid is $.01. I doubt that'll stand for long.  ;))

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penn-Senator-2-0-Vintage-/191055675695?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c7bce412f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PENN-Senator-2-0-111-Reel-24-155-Green-Handle-Made-In-USA-Lot-227-/201029298931?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ece47aaf3
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Ron Jones

The Senator 2/0 is probably my favorite sized reel. It is the same spool as the 60 Longbeach, 85, Del Mar etc. The 111 (2/0) has chrome rings on both sides. I have two 85s that I put together for my girls and they really like them.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Aiala

Ron, are there any aluminum spools available for the Senator 2/0?   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

doradoben

Aiala, I think 29L-85 will fit in a Penn Senator 111 2/0 because it's the same size as the spool in a Penn 60.

Ron Jones

Aiala,
If you do a search for Senator 111 you will come across one that has been built with a stainless sleeve and a 85 aluminum spool etc. Really nice reel.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
"

Alto Mare

Ron, if you didn't have to have the 5-60 you could go with these:

One is a 160 and the other a 25, if you'll find steel gears you will do just fine. Nice little reels, if fished at around 8/10 lb.
I know it's not needed, but yes,  I do have the ss sleeve in those, plus the 100 aluminum spool.I didn't want them to feel left out next to their big brothers ;D
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Sal,
I have the BayMaster in pieces and it has a steel gear. It is on the list to look just like yours only with Newell parts. I just realized that I didn't respond to your offer, thank you very much. I think with the part swapping I'm gonna do I might need to take you up on it. I'm waiting for the tax man to give me some money back before I can really get after this. Trying to get a 16 year old girl into a car is holding most funds up.

I do have a question, I know they use the same stand, but will 501 bars fit the little reels or do I need the Newell parts?
Ron
Ronald Jones
"

George4741

Quote from: noyb72 on February 02, 2014, 11:12:09 PM
I do have a question, I know they use the same stand, but will 501 bars fit the little reels or do I need the Newell parts?
Ron

No, the 501 bars won't fit.  You'll need the narrow Newell bars, the same ones that fit a Squidder 146.
George
viurem lliures o morirem

Ron Jones

I figured, the stand is the same but I thought the spacing might be different.
Ron
Ronald Jones
"

Alto Mare

Here is the perfect reel that you're searching for Ron, a narrow jigmaster with no thumb screw ;)

and if you really want to take a chance, you could have two thumb screws ;D

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

George4741

Sal, thanks for the info.  I was wondering if that could be done to a jigmaster.
  George
viurem lliures o morirem

broschro

I too am a little worried about the thumb screw getting loose :-\ But as Sal mentioned if you just pay attention and tighten it up in-between battles, you should be fine. Sal I almost did the 500 and 500s side plates on one reel to, but ended up going with a beefed up 501.can't wait for the SS Double dog bridge.

Alto Mare

Quote from: George4741 on February 15, 2014, 07:21:52 PM
Sal, thanks for the info.  I was wondering if that could be done to a jigmaster.
  George
You're welcome George. You must be busy, don't see you around much as I used to.

Quote from: broschro on February 15, 2014, 07:56:06 PM
I too am a little worried about the thumb screw getting loose :-\ But as Sal mentioned if you just pay attention and tighten it up in-between battles, you should be fine. Sal I almost did the 500 and 500s side plates on one reel to, but ended up going with a beefed up 501.can’t wait for the SS Double dog bridge.
Jamie, I'm not really worried about the plate coming off or blowing up, I just showed the picture, so the guys that are could swap the plates.
After taking the pictures, my reels went back as they were.

broschro

I have heard of the plate coming off during a fight, but that was the users fault.